HISTORY

 

 

Built in 1921 by renowned architects, Smith Hinchman and Grylls, 30 North stands at a tall 8 stories within a registered historic district in Pontiac, Michigan. Now restored to its original glamour and legendary style, it is a piece of Pontiac history.

CELEBRATING LIFE'S MEMORABLE OCCASIONS

                    

 

The City of Pontiac was first settled in 1818 where the Saginaw Indian Trail crossed the Clinton River. Chief Pontiac, the legendary courageous leader of the Ottawa Indian tribe, stands 16’ tall on the outside of our building. Sculpted by distinguished artist, Marshall Fredericks, this gold anodized sculpture has become a symbol of strength in the downtown area.


Built in the historic era of the roaring twenties, 30 North has long been associated with the banking and financial industry. Many of its historic architectural characteristics and details have been preserved: the wall mounted CNP logo (Community National Bank), original marble-top banking tables and floors, original vault and safety deposit boxes, even the President’s office upstairs with its original cork flooring.


Part of the Pontiac Commercial Historic District, 30 North was designed by Smith Hinchman and Grylls—renowned architects whose famous structures include the Detroit Opera House, Penobscot Building and Music Hall Center for the Performing Arts.


30 North—restored to its original glamour and legendary style—is a piece of Pontiac’s history. Come celebrate with us!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2010 celebrate30north.com           webDesign: OMAcomp